Jon Gelman’s* newly revised and updated treatise on Workers’ Compensation Law will be published by West Group of Egan, MN. The treatise is the most complete and research integrated work available on NJ Workers’ Compensation law. Pre-order it now.
The work offers an in-depth and insightful analysis that provides a quick and accurate guidance to those who practice workplace injury law. Time-saving comments and instructions shorten the claims process and expedite handling of issues.
New areas of the law reviewed:
· This supplement includes new case law, statutes and regulations about the compensability of work-related accidents and injuries.
· The newly enacted statutory increase of counsel fees to be assessed on voluntary offers and tenders are explained.
· The Supreme Court decision about the new standards determining the admissibility of reliable scientific evidence is analyzed.
· The new case law involving the payment of temporary disability benefits is reviewed.
· The new statutory criteria for the payment of supplemental payments besides workers’ compensation now afforded to corrections officers is discussed.
· The recent prohibition of e-cigarettes in the workplace is reviewed.
· Recently promulgated administrative rules establishing new criteria for judicial performance are explained.
· The new Court Rules governing the permitted uses and disclosure of protected personal information and the expanding use of online data access is addressed in this supplement.
Gelman on Workers’Compensation Law is exclusively integrated into the entire world-wide leading legal research network of West Group-Reuters-Thomson publications.
Gelman on Workers' Compensation Law is Now Available on PROVIEW™ as an e-BOOK Edition. Now you have Workers' Compensation Law, 2rd Ed (Vol.38-39A, NJ Practice Series, available conveniently on your mobile device.
It is now available, in print, on CD-Rom and online via Westlaw™ and WestlawNext™. [Westlaw Database Identifier NJPRAC]
Click here now to order your copy.
*Jon L. Gelman is nationally recognized as an author, lecturer and skilled trial attorney in workers’ compensation law and occupational/environmental disease litigation. Over a career spanning over four decades he has been involved in complex litigation involving thousands of clients challenging the mega-industries of: asbestos, tobacco and lead paint. Gelman is the author NJ Workers’ Compensation Law (West-Thompson) and co-author of the national treatise, Modern Workers’ Compensation Law (West-Thompson). He is the former Vice-President of The Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), a charter member of The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers and a member of the National Academy of Social Insurance (NASI). firstname.lastname@example.org -www.gelmans.com